Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Grassy Brown and Grassy Green


This is a picture of my two pet grasshoppers in their cage. One grasshopper, which is Grassy Brown, is on the left side of the picture. The other grasshopper, which is Grassy Green, is eating the delicious leaves. He is hard to see because he is green with the green leaves. Another word for this is camouflage. Grassy Brown and Grassy Green got their names from my old pet grasshopper, Grassy. When I was in the back of my house and I was walking towards the front to play with my toys, a huge brown grasshopper jumped directly in front of my face. He reminded me of Grassy because when I first found Grassy he jumped right in front of my face. But this wasn't Grassy because he had spots- Grassy did not. I almost touched the grasshopper with my tongue because I did not see the grasshopper and I was talking. Then the grasshopper got scared and almost jumped on my dad's foot. It's hard to think that my tiny pet grasshoppers will be huge grasshoppers someday- as big as Grassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment